Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hatch Green Chile Stew & Cornbread

One of my foodie friends, Dee, Texas-to-Mexico, is totally in love with Hatch chiles, maybe even more than me, and she's hatched up some spicy food for all of us to enjoy. In fact, she was the very first visitor to this brand-new baby blog and left a comment that shows she's in Hatch Chile Heaven. Be still my heart, Gloria!! I have been stalking the Hatch Chile Roasting team in our town at the local HEB Plus. I can't wait to post the recipes we've been trying! I've been in Chili Pepper heaven. (sigh....).  

Here's her Hatch Green Chile Stew, made with pork loin, red bell pepper, apples, and of course Hatch Chiles! She also made Hatch Green Chile Cornbread to go along with the stew, because it's such a perfect match and you just can't have Hatch stew without Hatch cornbread.

Visit her blog for the recipes and some Hatch history. I can tell you that she's just beginning and we can expect lots more great Hatch recipes from her! She's thinking about whipping up some "Hatch-a-ritas" before the harvest season is over.

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Oooo....I'm liking learning about Hatch Chiles. If that recipe is a sample of things to come, I'm in LOVE!!!