Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Green Chile Cheeseburger

Practically my favorite food in the whole world is a hamburger. Put Hatch chiles on it, and in it, add a slice of cheese, and I'm in Hatch Chile Heaven. Such was not the case with Joshua and his Green Chile Cheeseburger. OMG--he used poblanos! {{gasp!}} What was he thinking!??

He's a self-proclaimed burger purist who decided to expand his hamburger repertoire, and not being able to explain what possessed him, ventured into the land of hot peppers.

His burger is beautiful and looks absolutely delicious, and he said he enjoyed the "pleasing mix of Southwest flavors" but I'd definitely switch out the poblanos for Hatch chiles. Most of his commentors agree, wondering what the heck he was doing with poblanos when he could have used Hatch chiles.

4 comments:

Reeni said...

I saw this too Gloria! And I saw the Bobby Flay throw down the other day for Green Chile Cheeseburgers. I was thinking of making my own version but I can't find Hatch chiles here!! This is mouth-watering!

Spryte said...

I have to admit... fire roasted poblanos on a burger are my FAVORITE!!

Anonymous said...

I made a burger like that with my last hatch chiles last week, it was excellent!

Hornsfan said...

Hatch on a burger can't be beat :)